Friday, November 21, 2008

Crawling from the wreckage



Creepy Joe™ Lieberman is emerging from the smoldering heap of the McCain campaign to try to regain face in his home state, and in the nation.

In the process, he's attempting to re-write history, or to ignore any of it that's inconvenient.

His interview with Katie Couric was broadcast yesterday, and he hit the morning TV (Fox 61) and radio shows (WTIC-AM) in Hartford.

In the Couric interview, he backs away from saying that a question about Barack Obama being a marxist was a "good question." Though the facts don't seem to back his adjusted history up.

NAPOLITANO: Hey Sen. Lieberman, you know Barack Obama, is he a Marxist as Bill Kristol says might be the case in today’s New York Times?

Is he an elitist like your colleague Hillary Clinton says he is?

LIEBERMAN: Well, you know, I must say that’s a good question. I know him now for a little more than three years since he came into the Senate and he’s obviously very smart and he’s a good guy. I will tell ya that during this campaign, I’ve learned some things about him, about the kind of environment from which he came ideologically. And I wouldn’t…I’d hesitate to say he’s a Marxist, but he’s got some positions that are far to the left of me and I think mainstream America.

Maybe he thinks, over the course of four years, that will forgive and forget, like his colleagues in the Senate.

But there are plenty of guys like me who will patiently wait to help remind the electorate when Creepy Joe™ decides to run again.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Y'know that new movie "Slumdog Millionaire?" This is "Slimedog Senator."