Monday, February 4, 2008

Common council votes to identify alternative sites for Army Base


Okay, so I decided to skip the Common Council meeting to attend yoga class. Considering the day I had, and the next few coming up, I felt the need to be as relaxed as possible.

So here I sit, watching the proceedings on television.

The Council just passed a resolution to meet in executive session to determine where else the Army might put there training center in Middletown.

Of course, the power to stop the Army siting on Ferry Street is out of the hands of the Common Council or any city agency. The mayor admitted as much when the project first came into the public view. And that, my friends, is the best reason to keep the base out of Middletown, because once it's here, wherever it is, we will have absolutely no control over any aspect of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. What is your advice?