Thursday, November 22, 2007

Reasons to be cheerful


I appear to be such a crank on this blog, that on Thanksgiving morning, I thought I'd take a moment, in the tradition of Ian Dury, to think about the things that make me happy, including: Lucy, Aidan, Dermot, Colin, Brendan, my sisters and brother, good family, friends and neighbors, making a living as a filmmaker, Middletown, Billy Bragg, James Lee Burke, John Stewart, Keith Olbermann, the Pogues, WWUH, Maine, my iBook, Henry Work, pies, Eunice Louisiana and its inhabitants, music, food and environs, the Sunday New York Times, the New Yorker, Yeats, Mojo, No Depression, Wilco, the Huffington Post, David Schulz, Elvis Costello, Weeds, sausage, coffee, the Iron Horse, beer, whiskey, buffalo wings, Bruce Springsteen, Jeff Bridges, string bands, dancing and a lot of other things. I expect this list will grow as I consider things. I recommend you make your own. It gives you a good perspective on the day.

Ain't life grand.

No comments: