Wednesday, November 28, 2007

As much as I'd like to say, "Take off your jacket, lie down on the table, and stuff this sponge in your mouth..."


I wouldn't really want to see waterboarding practiced on John Ashcroft, or any other trampler on the Constitution. It's too inhumane, too sick or a technique to think of using on a fellow human being. It would only help prove their point, that waterboarding is "make believe" drowning, when in fact, experts have testified that it is real, actual, controlled drowning. Just like sticking someone's head into a bathtup filled with water. Besides, what kind of useful information could we ever get out of John Ashcroft?

All these right-wing jackasses are raising their hands now saying "Waterboard me. Waterboard me," knowing full-well that it will never happen. It's a chickenhawk ruse, "Why I'd be proud to serve, except I'm too old, too valuable or my anal cyst is too delicate."

As a nation we need to say that torture of any kind is immoral, and unAmerican. And if some wing-nut wants to expound on the value of waterboarding, or electrodes to the genitals, or lopping off portions of digits, or stress positions, ask them, "Can we try it out on your mother first?"

Still, my most wicked side wonders that if in waterboarding John Ashcroft, his mind could be changed, maybe..... No, let's not even consider it.

No comments: