Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Joan Hedrick to receive Governor's Award


I know Joan Hedrick because we're in a few civic organizations together in Middletown. I knew she was a Trinity professor, and I surmised that she is brilliant.

I didn't know quite how brilliant.

This year, Joan is one of four honorees for the Governor's Awards for Excellence in Culture and Tourism for her work in history at Trinity College, her authorship of acclaimed biographies of Harriet Beecher Stowe and Jack London, and her 1995 Pulitzer Prize for the Stowe biography.

Other honorees include Michael Wilson, artistic director of the Hartford Stage, Gene Wilder, actor, and Vita West Muir, founder of the Litchfield Jazz Festival.

Congratulations to all, but particulary to Joan. Next time we speak, I'll be sure to use complete sentences.

The awards ceremony is Wednesday April 9 at 5:30 pm in the Atrium at the Legislative Office Building in Hartford.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Professor Hedrick is my hero.