Thursday, September 13, 2007

Springsteen from the nosebleed seats


Okay, so I didn't get my wish, exactly.

Last Saturday, I got online on the dot of 10, and three minutes later my seat selection appeared - in the uppermost level, mid-section at the back of the arena. I talked to friends who had the same experience, but didn't even get tickets.

Yet, somehow, the ticket traffickers seem to have gotten good seats a-plenty, which are now being hawked on places like eBay for two, three and four times their face value of, approximately, $100 dollars.

I know Bruce has little use for ticket brokers and scalpers, and does what he can to avoid their practices, but it seems unavoidable, particularly when these practices are legal in nearby states.

One more reason to see shows in tiny clubs and coffeehouses. So maybe it isn't Springsteen and the E Street Band, but there's lots of talent out there.

Maybe I can get Patty Scialfa to come up to my radio show and talk about her new album.

No comments: