Thursday, February 21, 2008

I guess that answers that

(Hartford Courant photo)

I was lying in the ER at Middlesex Memorial Hospital this morning, recovering from a bout with severe abdominal pain, three shots of morphine and two CAT scans when the nurse gave me eating instructions for a bland diet today.

I turned to Lucy and said, "I guess we can't stop at O'Rourkes."

Little did I know that Senator Creepy Joe™ Lieberman would be stopping there this morning for his first visit since the diner was resurrected, and would use the opportunity to defend John McCain against charges in a New York Times article.

Declaring the story "untrue" Lieberman shows the kind of blind loyalty to McCain that he never showed to the Democratic party or Bill Clinton.

I'm sorry I missed his visit. I have a question or two.

No comments: